In Vestmannaeyjar we have a new Maritime Museum.
- Devoted to the history of boating and shipping in Iceland
For over 40 years, Þórður Rafn, (Rabbi) has collected maritime artifacts in Iceland and now he has opened the museum to the public.
For centuries the nation’s survival depended on fishing and brave sailors. Visitors to the museum can now see what equipment and boats were used in the past at sea and for fishing. There are numerous models of fishing boats also in the museum.
A guided tour of the museum can be arranged for groups.
- During summer (15th of May to 15th of September):
- Thursday-Sunday = 13:00-16:00
- Monday – Wednesday = closed but groups can be booked
- Opening hours in winter by apointment only.
- Children, 12 years and younger: Free
- Teenagers, 13-17 years old: 1,000 ISK
- Adults, 18-67 years old: 1,500 ISK
- Seniors/disabled: 1,000 ISK
- Groups 10+= 1,000 ISK per person
Contact and address:
- The museum is situated at Flatir 23 in Vestmannaeyjar
- Tel: +354 8394545